Poor posture is becoming the scourge of the early 21st century. A person who is constantly in a hunched-over position can seriously damage their spine. Because of our constant use of smartphones and other handheld gadgets, many people can spend as much as four hours a day in an unnatural and damaging position.
That’s why we at Estar Frito decided to find out how to correctly use your phone without damaging your health. The following is invaluable advice for all of us!
Research has shown that a person’s posture can influence their emotional outlook. An individual suffering from clinical depression often assumes a pose that has been dubbed the iHunch. In the past, it was predominantly the elderly who sought medical help for back problems, but now doctors are witnessing this particular problem “grow younger.”
Main features of the iHunch: a stretched-out neck, sunken shoulders, arms drawn into the torso.
Assuming the correct posture all the time can lead to an increase in productivity at work and a higher resistance to stress.
Five simple things that can help reduce the risk of back problems:
- Periodically move your head from side to side slowly, stretching your muscles.
- Massage your shoulders, the side muscles in your neck, and the area between your shoulder blades.
- Stand in a doorway, stretch out your arms, and bend your thorax. This will help relax the musclesthat become fixed in one position for a long time when using a smartphone.
- If you use your phone for more than ten minutes, press your chin to your neck and squeeze together your shoulder blades. Repeat this exercise several times, holding the position for ten seconds.
- Every time you use a smartphone, remember that the correct posture can help you avoid many health problems in the future.